Nov 20, 2008

Internet in the Jungle

It really amazes me to be on the internet in a place like Rio Viejo. As sporadic as the signal is, it is such a blessing to be able to communicate via email and the blog. We take so many things for granted in the US...and technology is definitely one of them.

Life here runs at a much slower pace. Sunday morning I work up to the sound of roosters crowing by my window and the faint sound of a neighbor's radio playing "Don't Worry About a Thing" by Bob Marley. That's kind of how it is here...a don't worry attitude.

Although it makes for an easy going lifestyle I can see how it easily it would be to slip out of a spirit of excellence. I am praying that I would always be challenged to step it up...not necessarily to pick up the pace, but to consistently increase excellence and to challenge those around me to do the same.

My verse this week, is 2 Cor 12:10..."For when I am weak, then I am strong."

The first few days have been challenging in the language department. No one here speaks proper Spanish so I am trying to learn the slang. They also drop the last syllable of most words especially if it ends in an "s". There is a pretty big learning curve, so that is nice. It is pretty funny when some of the not so educated people look at you like you don't know what you're talking about. haha

No comments: