Aug 2, 2011

Soon and Very Soon

I see in the distance, a light at the end of the tunnel. Our summer teams are coming to an end, we have the last one with us right now from Longview, Texas. This is an incredible team of nursing students from LaTourneou University, a PA from the Great White North, and a new and fast friend Greg Seager of The Christian Health Service.

These guys have been a bundle of laughs, and have brought a fresh perspective to our ministry along with a high energy level of service. The students are helping us reach out to our local schools by delivering a health education program and loving on our patients and students.

I am grateful for their youth and their energy. As the summer comes to a close for us, I can already feel my body shutting down. At 7:30pm I start yawning in devotions and at 6:30am I am still wishing I could press snooze again. I wouldn't trade it for anything though. This group has been great, and I am seeing the students develop before my eyes. I can only hope that God is unfolding His plan for their lives, and confirming things for them as they seek His will.

Soon and very soon...rest will come. I just hope that God will continue to use me and work through me in these last few days with the team.

No comments: