Aug 20, 2007

Retreat

I was able to go on retreat with the entire Elevate Class this weekend and God was moving all over that place! Pastor Timmy spoke about living out the call God has on my life and holding on to it no matter what. That is what I want more than anything but I don't have a clear vision of what that is. I feel called to the mission field to serve His people, but I still don't know in what capacity. I have been telling my friends, family and even myself that I want to use my background in nutrition to help fight against the hunger that grips this world but I don't know if that is God's plan. Is it something that I am saying to make myself feel like I didn't waste 6 years of my life getting a degree in Dietetics? Am I trying to save my pride here? Well I don't want to have pride at all!

I pictured myself this weekend, writing my plan on a dry erase board. Every detail spelled out on how I though it should be, how I though God will use me. Then I walked up to the altar and gave God the eraser. I don't want my vision to get in the way of His vision. I am here to serve him not to serve Heather or even my family. I don't want to put anything before him, no idolatry here!

I am so excited that I get to serve and learn for 9 months and then the rest of my life! It has only been a week and I have such a passion in me to serve! If you are praying for me this is my request: that God will ignite in me a passion for specific areas of ministry so that His vision for my future will be confirmed in my life. I need to know the difference between the temporary burdens on my heart and the eternal calling he has for me.

Thank you to those who have sent in your Support Cards pledging your prayers and finances. I am believing that God will provide for every need. I want a faith that goes beyond all understanding. I though about taking out a loan to make up the rest of my tuition (~$5,000) and I really feel that he is testing my faith. He said that ha is sending resources my way and that I should wait patiently on him.

No comments: