Sep 11, 2007

Solitude Retreat

So we went to Prayer Lake this past weekend and it was amazing! It was great to get away and have some quite time! Living in an apartment with 5 other girls doesn't lend itself to much peace and quiet!

It's funny though, I went into this weekend trying to have this great "God" experience. I spent most of the time trying to force this exceptional moment, but what I learned is that it doesn't have to be this deep, complex metaphor; Jesus is simple!

I would get so stressed out because I didn't feel like I was connecting with God on the right level or doing the right things but God just wants me to enjoy His presence. I am reminded of the story of Mary and Martha. So the ladies throw a party for Jesus and after the party happens there is tons of clean up to do, but Mary is just hanging out with Jesus. Meanwhile Martha is in the kitchen doing all of the dishes; she gets so busy with clean up that she missed the best part of the party.

I don't want to be Martha!

No comments: