Nov 4, 2007

Fusion Retreat

We went on the College and Young Professionals retreat this weekend, and it was amazing. This is such a passionate and dedicated group of people! On most of the retreats I have been on in the past with different groups you have to spend the first night getting comfortable with everyone before you can really get into worship and get your mind right to receive the word God has for you, but not on this retreat! The Holy Ghost showed up on the first night and I was really able to make the most out of my time away with God. I have come to a point in my life when I don't really care what people think about me when it comes to my worship style or my prayer life. I just go for it. It is a rarity that I get to spend days away just relaxing with friends and spend hours with God so when I get the opportunity to step away from all of the distractions of the world I don't want to waste any time! I refuse to sit timid in the corner afraid to raise my hands because I am afraid of what other people are going to say. I am gonna bring it "David Style" and let those who have something to say about it talk to God.

That is what I love about HPC. You are free to worship! You are in an environment where you can come to the altar without condemnation. Without people looking at you and saying, "she must have done something really bad to be on her knees at the altar." Sometimes God just wants me to bow before Him. Sometimes I need to remind myself that I am not the god of my life and this service does not revolve around me by humbling myself before my God and then going to pray for those who have needs just like I do.

God was really speaking something to me this weekend. It was about serving someone else's dreams for a while and trusting that He will make my path straight. If I hold onto the promises He has given me too tightly I won't leave Him any room to work. I have to open my hand and lift up my dreams to Him as a sacrifice of trust and praise. By doing this I am telling Him that I am OK helping others succeed. I am OK with not climbing my own ladder of success and instead holding someone else's ladder so they can climb higher. I am OK just being patient and letting Him develop me so that I will be ready when my time comes. I trust that in the fullness of His time I will be elevated into the position I need to be in to further His kingdom.

I don't want to miss what He is saying to me because I am so caught up in what other people think about how I worship. Sometimes is takes all the courage I have to step out of my seat and go down that aisle to the altar, but you know what...God is worth it! That small thing is a test of faith that is rewarded every time, and you know what...each time it gets easier. And it may just inspire someone else to do the same thing. It may give someone else the courage they need to step out of their seat and go meet with God.

I believe that God does meet you where you are in the beginning of your relationship, but there comes a point when He wants you to step out and go meet Him.

One of the reasons I have this blog is because I want to share my experiences with you. I want to take you with me on the journey to discovering what God has for my life and that maybe it would inspire you to find out what He has for you. I don't want to mislead you into thinking ministry is easy. I don't want you to think that Elevate is all fun and games. We play hard because we work hard and we work hard because we know that there are people out there who don't know Jesus. There are people out there with a greater call on their life than I can ever dream of that don't even know that God loves them. If I can just help one of them, I know I will have made a difference!

No comments: