Nov 4, 2007

Home for the Holidays

I am so excited about going home for the holidays!! I get to share all of the things that I have been doing with my family (I just hope I can remember them all) and maybe they will see how God is working in my own life. I get to share with them the impact that Elevate is making on me and the other interns. I get to give them a return on their investment in me by letting Jesus shine though me in their presence.

The one thing I don't want to happen when I go home is to fall back into my old habits of being a self centered arrogant child how gets upset when she doesn't get her way! You know what I mean, don't you. I remember when I would go home from college for winter break and I would slip back into acting like a sassy 16yr old. I used to be pretty sarcastic to my parents and even rude (Oh my mother is an amazing woman to be able to put up with me and my sister)!

What I do want to do is serve them. I want to make this holiday season about them. I want to love on them and help them and do whatever they ask of me! I want to make my home my mission field. I want to be Jesus to may family!

No comments: