Mar 10, 2008

Thinking Things Over

So I had a bit of a wake up call tonight. We got together for a prayer meeting for the upcoming
missions trips and God really started working on my heart. I don't understand why there is so much pain and hurt in the world, but the good news for me is that I don't have to.

As we were praying over a two page list of different ministries (local and international) my heart went through a series of emotions...pain, hurt, abandonment, anguish, neglect, frustration, anger, freedom, victory, joy, peace...I began to think about one of the bullets on my list. All it said was, "Eastern Europe: Human Trafficking." I couldn't seem to pass it up. I couldn't get past it. I thought about...

sex slaves
abuse
torture
anguish
lust
fear
loneliness
abandonment
neglect
disease
starvation

But you know what? Jesus is there or he wants to be. Who will be brave enough to answer the call to Russia, Cambodia, Africa, and all the other places where children are sold into slavery? Who will go to a place where you could be killed for cutting into the profits of the mafia or pimps? My heart hurt, still hurts, for those in the balance. Those girls who are just about to give up on life because it is too hard. Those who don't yet know the love of Christ. Those who don't know that they are not forgotten.

Honestly, I don't know if I could do it. I'd like to say that I would. There is something that won't let me get past those words, "Eastern Europe: Human Trafficking," so I will just keep praying.

1 comment:

Kelly Pitts said...

It is very hard to think people being sold as a sex slave. It is even harder to imagine it is in our own country! Human trafficking is all around the world. It is not only in third world countries but in our country as well. Our country of "freedom" we still have slaves!