Apr 29, 2008

Lesson Learned

I learned a lesson last night. It was a good lesson but it was also painful. I asked God why things had to happen like this. Why does it hurt so bad when people you love disappoint you or worse look you over?

I think He is teaching me to love unconditionally. To love like I have never been hurt before. The funny thing is that it hurts to learn to love like you have never been hurt before. I don't know if dealing with disappointment will get any easier. Do you think I will get calloused? It seems like a catch 22. If dealing with disappointment gets easier then I will have lost the very thing I am trying to preserve.

I will not always have people there to share in the God moments and I think that is the message He is trying to get across. I am glad that He is easing me into it though, you know a little bit at a time. I know there will be many more sad days ahead, they come with the package, but I have faith that the happy ones will be worth it all, no matter how few and far between.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather!
I love you so much girl. You are so beautiful. I thank God for you daily, and I really am so happy to have done Elevate this year with you. Please , Please, Please remember the impact you've had on my life. I hope to be more like you when I grow up :) .. Thanks for always being there. I LOVE YOU, and I WILL BE THERE ROOTING YOU ON!!!
Hannah( your twin)