May 10, 2008

4 Days and Counting

So there are only 4 days left in the Swaziland countdown. I will board a plane on Wednesday May 14th and fly to Atlanta, Ga switch planes there and fly a really really long time to Johannesburg, South Africa switch planes there and fly on a teeny tiny plane to Manzini, Swaziland.

From there...well I don't really know. That is the beauty of missions...you just roll with it. Look at me...I am talking like a professional and I have never been on a mission trip before. HA HA.

I have been blessed by my parents to do some traveling in South America so I am familiar with international airports but I have a feeling that these airports will not be like anything I have seen yet.

I have seen guards armed with machetes and machine guns in Maracaibo, Venezuela. I have seen the military tanks in the Plaza de Armas of Lima, Peru. But I don't think South America has anything on South Africa. I am not afraid but please pray for the protection of our team and that we have God's favor moving in and out of the country.

I don't really know what to expect. I think I will be changed forever. I think I will be a different person. I think I will be ruined for missions work. I don't think I will be able to look at a child the same way ever again. I think I will cry...a lot. I think I may even get angry.

With all of that said...I may have some time to post while I am there. Swaziland is like the black hole of communications so I will have to feel things our when I get there. I may be able to buy a little international cell phone or some internet time when we have some free time. I will do my best to keep in touch with all of you.

My mom and papi bought me a camera for graduation to replace the one that got lost in Venezuela. I am so excited to have a camera again. So be expecting lots of photos!!! I hope that I will be able to capture some of the moments for you, but no matter how good the pictures are I don't think that they will be able to deliver the emotion.

I love you all, I really do. I pray that God will bless your homes and your family. I pray that He will restore your relationships and bring peace to your hearts. We are scheduled to return on May 24th...the day before graduation. Please pray for NO FLIGHT DELAYS! Especially becasue I leave for Honduras on May 27th.

I am so excited to go down there and meet the Williams family and see their home and their hospital. I can't believe how blessed I am to have this opportunity. I am ecstatic! Things are happening so fast! Pray for health and energy...I will definitely need it!

No comments: