May 20, 2008

The Care Points

Oh man, you have never seen such beautiful children. Last night was really cold here in Swazi and I just kept thinking of those little kids in thier shorts and tshirts trying to stay warm. It is enought to tear your heart out. We are going back to the Fonteyn care point this morning to do some crafts with the kids we made a sand pit for yesterday...aka sand box. I hope I get to see To-bu-gi-le (that's how it sounds) again. She stole my heart yesterday and I am going to try and get it back from her before we leave. So sweet.

We taught them the sign language version of Jesus Loves Me...the one from Sunday School. They loved it. I hope they remember it today.

On the American side...they don't drink much coffee here in Swazi so Neil and I have been on the hunt for a good cup on non instant since we got here. The Rogers have hooked us up when we go over to their house but man I have missed that morning cup. Today we had victory over the instant coffee. The manager of the hotel brought 2 french press coffee pots from her house so we had Starbucks in the hotel and it was amazing!!! Way to go Neil!!

They guys are building a foundation for another classroom at the Care Point. They mixed the concrete by hand and are doing the whole cinderblock morter thing. They had to dig out the side of a mountian to level the ground before they could start the chain wall. It is pretty amazing.

Africa has definately captured my heart but more than that...I really know that I am a missionary whatever that means. I could drive on the bumpy roads and eat butternut for the rest of my life..I even like the tea. I don't think it's the specific location that really matters. I just want to be obedient to God.

Please continue to pray. There was an accident last night and the Cup receptionist was burned pretty badly for a can of propane that blew up in her home. The devil is not happy that Ben and Susan have opened up a new church and is throwing a lot of things their way. Please pray for them and the chuch/Cup team. We need your support. Please fight for us. Yeaterday was a heavy one for us. Please pray for God's peace and encouragement and discernment for Pastor Ben. This is a new role for him and his family.

I love you guys!!!! Now I am off to love on some kids...it is really the best thing.

1 comment:

Kelly Pitts said...

Hey Heather! I am just now getting to the internet! We are back in Hyderabad, India. We are staying at a missionary's house. It is so cool to sit down and read all of the stories from mozi and swazi! I can't wait to share all the stories together, but on the other hand i really don't want to leave India! This is why i don't like short term missions! Because I can never get enough!! :) Anyways God showed up big time here and He is doing some amazing things here in India! I will see you in a couple of days! :)