Jun 2, 2008

What's the Difference?


From the top of Execution Rock in Swaziland. I love this picture. It does something to my heart. Not only does it remind me of that beautiful day, the breathtaking views from the top of the mountain, the heart pounding hike (I am soo out of shape) but it reminds me of the lesson God taught me that day.

The pictures below were taken on the way up the mountain. The views were so gorgeous on the way up that I had to stop and capture them. I wanted to document every part of the journey...you can ask Brandon... I stopped like every 5 minutes to take a picture.


Despite the beauty along the way, I knew the view from the top would be breathtaking. Even though the path to the top was difficult it was totally worth it.


I wondered how many times in life I thought it was good enough to stop halfway. How many times have I been satisfied with the views along the way?
God spoke to me and encouraged me to make it to the top. It was difficult. I was winded. My back hurt. I was tired. But I kept going, making sure to take in the beauty of God's creation around me.

When I made it to the top, I finally understood what God was trying to say.
God taught me never to settle for the good by sacrificing the great. If we push ourselves a little farther.



If we trust God a little more. If we press past the pain and discomfort we will be rewarded with the best God has to offer.

This is the difference between the Good and the Great!

No comments: