Jul 9, 2008

Independance Day


I know I am a few days behind, but I am feeling freer than ever! I am still waiting. I am still trusting. My circumstances have not changed much, but my spirit is soaring! I have taken hold of some great freedoms in the past week. It has not been easy to hold onto them, but with God's help I will never let them go!

I declare freedom from manipulation. I declare freedom from destructive relationships. I declare freedom from shame. I declare freedom from fear and failure.

Jesus had victory over these things at the cross, I am a little late realizing this, but better late than never, right? Right! Something that I have to keep realizing over and over again is that these things only have as much power over me as I give them.

It's like a bully in the lunch room. He only bullies the people who let him bully. He won't take on the strong willed or the ones already protected. And that is exactly what I am! I am protected. I am strong willed.

And now I am choosing to live like it! I am standing my ground. I am standing in love. I am standing in forgiveness. I am standing in discernment. I am standing in grace and truth.

Will you stand with me? Will you stand for these things in your own life? Will you be free in Christ?

No comments: