Oct 5, 2008

Consecration, Obedience and Love

There has been a lot going on in the past week. A lot of work, a lot of blessing and a lot of growth.

Three people have come up in my studies that I can't seem to get away from. Daniel, Hosea and King David. I have been praying that I would have Daniel's consecrated spirit...his holy standard. I am praying that I would have Hosea's obedience and his love for others. And lastly, I have been praying that I would have David's heart for God.

These are strong prayers, but these were strong people.

I so admire Daniel's courage and how he stood up for his beliefs when others around him crumbled. I admire how he gained respect by giving respect and how he held up a standard of holiness in a empire full of sin.

I admire Hosea's sheer obedience of God. He lived his life as a vessel for God to show how He loved His people. Hosea married a prostitute and loved her...really loved her, like God loved Israel and like He loves us now. He had that 1 Corinthians 13 kind of love long before it was written down.

I admire David's heart for the things of God. He wasn't perfect and he knew it. He knew he needed God's correction and leadership. He loved the law because he knew he needed it. He honestly loved God.

I want these things. I desire to have qualities like these men of God. If I would be remembered for anything I would want it to be that I loved God like David, that I was obedient like Hosea and that I was consecrated like Daniel.

There are 38 days before I leave for Honduras, less than 5 weeks. I have been talking to God about making these last days effective. That I would have time to do everything I need to do and spend time with family and friends. But there is something more important that the things I do here...it is what I do in my spirit.

I am dedicating the next 38 days to Him, so he can make me more like Daniel, Hosea, and David. I am joining Pastor Dino in his Spiritual Adventure Pursuit. I think it looks a little different for each one of us...but this is a special time for us to grow closer to the Lord.

Pray, fast, listen, grow...will you come with us?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you, Heather. Keep up His good work! Uncle John

Heather Stewart said...

Thanks Uncle John! I am so proud of you and all that you are doing. It takes a strong person to stand up like you have been doing. You are almost there...sometimes it gets darker before the light comes through. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

And I love you more!