Oct 15, 2008

Sunday Night Missions Class

(Pic from Dan O's twitter)

So I had a blast talking with the HPSM Missions class last Sunday! It is an incredible group of interns who are dedicating their lives to Jesus and have a heart to do that on the mission field. I can remember sitting in those classes last year...man we got to hear from some incredible people...and to think, I got to share in that honor! WOW!

I spoke about the journey as I know it...from when I found out about Honduras until now. It was incredible to be able to walk them through the emotion. I shared a few scriptures that God dropped in my heart that very night:

Psalm 55:1-2
Listen to my prayer, oh God. Do not ignore my cry for help! Please listen and answer me for I am overwhelmed by my troubles.

Psalm 62:1-2
I wait quietly before God for my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken.

They are only 7 chapters apart in the Bible but they are polar opposites in emotion. There have been parts of this journey that left me feeling anxious, worthless and totally helpless. But I had to walk through those times to experience for myself the goodness and faithfulness of God. Now I know Him personally as rescuer, as comforter, as friend and protector.

Even though sometimes I felt like the book of Lamentations was my journal, I would do it all again if it brought me closer to Him. This is all about a deeper relationship with God.

I am glad to say that the season of uncertainty has passed for now. I am on my way to Honduras in only 29 days! I am certain that there will be many challenges ahead, but I am also certain that God can handle them all! I have made the transition from Psalm 55 to Psalm 62, and I understand a little bit more now about my Father.

5 comments:

Calypso said...

Heather - Thanks for the terrific scriptures - look forward to reading about your adventures in Honduras. I would like to link to your Blog if that is all right?

Saludos from Xico, Mexico

John Calypso

Heather Stewart said...

Thanks Calypso! I would be honored if you linked to my blog! Thanks so much for reading. I can't wait to be able to blog from Rio Viejo and share stories with you about what God is doing there!

Unknown said...

Hey Heather, thanks for the visit to my blog. I think you are heading for an EXCELLENT adventure. Take care.

Kelly Pitts said...

I just can't get over how amazing this is! God is so good! I was reading my little quotes we got at the beginning of the year and a few of them really stood out to me. Here is one of them... His way is in the whirlwind and the storm. Nahum 1:3 Trust in Him no matter how hard the winds of change are blowing in your life.:)

Heather Stewart said...

No way Kelly!!! I put that one in there for you guys!!! How stinkin cool is that! I am blown away right now!