Oct 18, 2008

What is Missions?

Dan O asked us to draw a picture of what we think missions is. Those of you who know me, know that I am not an artist. I can't draw...but I can scribble. So I scribbled away and drew a globe inside of a heart with a cross behind it.

This is my heart for missions. It is bigger than me. It is bigger than you. It is about love, people, relationships, living with others, sharing the love of Christ, giving yourself for others, instilling hope, sacrificing like Jesus did, and pouring out everything we've got for those who don't have anything.

Missions.

It can happen anywhere...it is not confined to a place because it is about people.

It is not restricted by a certain method but it has one message - Jesus.

Missions.

Oh that word lights a fire in my heart. It burns inside of me with a passion so great I feel like I might melt all over the floor.

I think I figured it out.

I am in love with missions.

No comments: