Oct 20, 2008

Tickets and Documents


So did I mention that I have my very own ticket to Honduras? Well I do!! It's weird to look at the itinerary and see a return date of Sept 14, 2009. It's like I am looking at the beginning and the end of a journey I haven't even started yet.

I have begun rounding up all of the official government documents that prove I am a US citizen and making copies of them to leave in the capable hands of friends and family. You know just in case something happens to my passport, God forbid!

It is getting really real now. There is such a burning passion inside of me, a passion to serve. I have kinda been flying under the radar lately. Pastor Mike said I am in a season of low RPMs because I am getting ready to rev things up in Honduras. It took a little while to get used to not running in overdrive all of the time. There were some points I felt utterly useless, but I understand the necessity of it now.

There had to be a time of pruning back. John 15:2 says that, "...and He prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more." This season has been just as important in preparing me as the times when I was serving like crazy.


I just want to make sure that I stay connected to the vine, you know? Jesus says, "remain in me and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful apart from me." Lord, keep me close to you. I want to stay at your feet, forever obedient to your word and will.


It is crucial that we stay connected to the body of Christ, the church. I am so grateful for HPC and the friends I have met through the internship. I hope all of you get to experience that kind of connection in your church.

No comments: