Dec 4, 2008

Everything I need to know I learned as an HPSM Intern...

How my intern experience with HPSM prepared me for the mission field:
  1. Vacuuming Highland Sanctuary before church --> Sweeping the chicken poop off of the hospital porch before clinic.
  2. Setting out purple chairs for HP Women --> Setting out white plastic chairs for patients.
  3. Serving with hospitality for HPExperience --> Cooking and cleaning up for HHIM Board Member visits.
  4. Keeping track of the class/intern schedules on Google Calendar --> Organizing visiting team schedules, projects and activities.
  5. Planning HPSM intern retreats in St. Francisville, LA --> Planning learning experiences at the Copan Ruins for visiting Canadian Interns.
I could go on and on! HPSM has prepared me for this experience in every way possible. I can work hard, play hard and, of course, pray hard! I want to give a big shout out to the HPSM directors and intern staff. You guys are amazing!

1 comment:

Kelly Pitts said...

True Dat! It is really cool when you can look back and see why God had doing something that you thought was pointless actually was preparing you for what he has for you to do in the future.