Mar 6, 2009

Double Trouble

So the TD Christian High kids have officially been here for a week. They have lived with us, ate with us, sang with us, swam with us and of course...worked with us! Now that they think they have the routine down...we are shoving them out of the next to see if they can fly...literally.

We have another team coming in for a week so we had to move the kids across the street to stay in the dorm at the IER high school, where I teach English. This is going to be a stretch for sure. Our facilities are bursting at the seams, our staff is stretched thin and we have more projects going than we can count.

Am I allowed to panic? Just a little bit? OK, I guess I will have to keep it together. 

I am excited, nervous and anxious all at once. I guess we can throw a little worried in there for good measure. 

I am worried about the kids going across the street...our friends have extended us tons of grace and are letting us use their facilities for the week. They are good kids but you know teenagers.

I am worried about managing two different schedules for about 55 people.

I am worried about transportation, groceries, project supplies, and medicines.

I am worried about making a 5 star impression on the visiting team, while keeping the Canadians rolling and maintaining a good relationship with Earl and Sharon across the street. 

But you know...in all of this worrying...I am so glad that I have a rock to lean on. I am full of joy because I know my steps are ordered by God and that He will never fail me. Yesterday I read a scripture...Gal 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest, if we do not give up."

That verse doesn't say "reward" it says "harvest" which I think is really cool. I think about a big party with a lot of food, when I think of a harvest...no one going hungry, and there are plenty of leftovers. So if I don't grow weary because the joy of the Lord is my strength...then I will reap a harvest at the proper time (not a second early or late)...if I don't give up.

As you remember us in prayer this week, please pray that we will find strength in the Lord. That He will give us supernatural energy to complete the tasks ahead of us, as well as giving us time to build relationships with the team members. I don't want this week to fly by so fast that we don't have time to invest in the lives of the group members...all 55 of them!

So I think I named this post wrong...it's not double trouble...it should really be double harvest... cause I stand on the word of the Lord! 


No comments: