Mar 4, 2009

Oh Canada,Oh Canada




Those are the only words I know to that song...and I think I am actually singing them to the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree" and I am sure that can't be right. Today is the 3rd day of the next 8 weeks of my life...and I have to say that every day is better than the last. It really is true that our best days are ahead of us.

I am really trying to get every drop of what God has to offer in the next few days. It is really cool to be surrounded by teenagers...a bit loud at times...but cool none the less. They definitely know how to have fun and I have already seen growth in some of them...and it is only the third day!

We are trying to make this an eye opening experience for the students...not only culturally but spiritually as well. Tonight we had our first of 7 Wednesday night church services. It was really fun to put together a service for them and it reminded me so much of my own church. I really think these Wednesday nights are going to be a special time for us to come together and be with the Lord.

We sat in plastic chairs, on the unfinished veranda of the dorm...our projector sat on top of a saw horse and we had acoustic worship provided by the students. There were bags of cement and tools everywhere but there was something else there as well...the presence of the Lord. 


As we sang and worshiped the Lord I pictured the Holy Spirit just flowing out of the opened windows...and following our voices...he began to open the hearts of the people all around us. It was really incredible to be there...this was the first of many services to come!


I can't wait to get to know the students better and really see God develop their relationships with each other...with the Honduran culture...and most importantly...with Himself. Thanks so much for your prayers and I am just so thankful to all of you for helping to get me here and for helping to keep me here, in prayer. 

No comments: