Mar 2, 2009

Canadians Everywhere!!!

We have managed to fumble our way through the first few days of the Canadian group. They arrived Saturday after a long day of traveling...with out any luggage and with out the group leader! haha...thank God, Rachael, the TD Christian leader came in on a later plane that night!

The kids are great so far...I think I had forgotten what it was like to be in High School. It is kind of scary to think I have been out of high school for 9 years...agggggg...so my 10 year reunion is just around the corner. Weird!

OK...on a serious note...something really special is happening here in la Cuanca Cangrejal... UNITY. That's right...multiple ministries, representing multiple denominations are working together for the glory of one God. wow. 

Yesterday we had a party in the dorm so the kids could meet the other ministry leaders and get to know them before they had their first day of work. It was really amazing. I don't think the kids really got it...how cool...and how rare it is for things like this to happen. 

I thought about Papa Jack and the work he started here over 25 years ago...and how he is the common thread that ties this whole place together. It is because he answered God's call to missions that we are here serving today. If he would have ignored God, then someone else would have come and then someone else would be writing this blog now. 

My heart just leaps when I think about the unity on this mountain. It keeps me going when I get frustrated. It keeps me pushing forward when I feel overwhelmed. This is what it is all about... people loving other people and working together...just like Jesus said. 

Man. This is really cool. 

No comments: