Mar 29, 2009

Rest

The Lord in my Shepherd, I shall not want 
He makes me lie down in green pastures 
He leads me beside still waters
Part of Psalm 23


Today was a still water kind of day. There were definitely green pastures (dunkin donuts and an espresso coolata). I laid down (in my hammock...2 different hammocks actually).

There was one point where I was relaxing in my hammock...or trying to relax, really...and then I realized...I don't know how to do this anymore. I don't know how to rest. Don't get me wrong, I know how to sleep, but I have lost the art of resting while awake. 

I remember when I used to spend an hour of time every week with God. No reading, no writing, no music...just talking. Today I realized how much I miss that time of solitude and how uncomfortable it is to just sit there now. I feel like I should be going, doing or planing. 

I need to relearn how to rest. 

No comments: