Jun 21, 2009

Major Events

I have been in Honduras for a little more than 6 months now, and it is starting to sink in that I am living here. When I spent the holidays away from my family last year, it was a bit difficult for me because I knew exactly what I was missing out on...all of the family fun and the great food. But God showed up for me in such a personal and intimate way, that I knew I was right where I was supposed to be.

Monday is my birthday, and it is just another reminder to me that I am making a new home here in Honduras. I love it here; I love the work and the people I get to do life with. It just seems like little by little God is showing me that although life here is different it is no less rewarding. I get to spend my birthday with people I have grown to love and who love me back...just like I would be doing if I were in Louisiana...the people are just different.

I am so grateful for my family and friends, no matter where they are in the world. I wish I were a little bit better at maintaining relationships and I hope God will give me more creative ways to stay in touch, because I love all of you!

So right now I am giving all of you a happy birthday hug!

No comments: