Aug 4, 2009

Faith Like Potatoes

Last night...I wished more than anything I could send a TwitterPic. I was sitting in my hammock chair on the second floor, of our fully screened-in veranda, watching a movie projected on 2 pieces of 4'x8' Styrofoam...BIG screen style.

I wanted to share it with you so bad. I wanted you to look into my heart and see the gratitude I have for all of the teams that sacrificed this summer and came to sow into our infrastructure and the people of our valley. I wanted you to see the commitment God has made to this place, through buildings and vehicles and teams that want to return next year.

My heart is full.

So the movie we watched was Faith Like Potatoes...I know it is probably old news to most people, but it is the true story of a farmer in Southern Africa and how God turns his life around. It was an amazing testimony of hardships, faith and God's unabashed love for His people.

As I look back at my life, and I look forward into the promised future...I am full of faith. I can't wait to see how God parts my Red Seas and feeds me in the wilderness. I can't wait to see the people healed and raised from the dead in His name. I can't wait to hear the parties in Heaven when the lost are called back to Him.

I am holding onto the promises He has made. I am holding onto the call He has given. I am on my knees before Him with hands lifted high in praise. I am full of anticipation and expectation that my God will provide in the way that will bring Him the most glory.

I am honored.

I am excited.

I am full.

And I can't wait!

No comments: