Jul 26, 2009

Baptism at the Sliding Rock

The sliding rock has become my absolute favorite place. It is one of those places that showcases just how beautiful God's creation is. After a short hike you find yourself totally surrounded by God's glory.

If you are brave enough, you can climb the 15 foot rock and jump... or slide (like me) into a beautiful waterfall fed lagoon.

These pictures were taken the day we had the incredible baptismal service at the sliding rock. We were all exhausted but it was wonderful to be surrounded by such beauty. Not only did the Holy Spirit meet us there, he carried me there.

This is a picture of Samuel Williams being baptized in the lagoon at the bottom of the sliding rock. The pictures won't ever do it justice. This place is absolutely beautiful. I hope that one day you will be able to swim in the cool waters of this pool and feel as refreshed as I did that day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: