Aug 18, 2009

Gotta Have Faith

I am learning a lot about living by faith, and the first lesson of the day is...that you always need more. I don't want that to be a discouraging sentence, because in actuality it is the greatest hope anyone can ever have! If you need more faith in God it is because your view of Him just got bigger, and now your once sufficient amount of faith must grow to match the grandeur of your God.

Lesson 2...emotions are not faith. When you are living by faith, it doesn't matter what you feel like. When it feels like God isn't there or isn't hearing you...it is just a feeling because the fact is that He IS...He is the I AM. We can't base our lives on the ebb and flow of emotions...they do not provide anything to stand on...we CAN, however, stand on the Word of God and His promises for us.

I read something this morning, and I wanted to share it with all of you:

Believe God's word and power more than you believe your own feelings and experiences. Your Rock is Christ, and it is not the Rock which ebbs and flows, but your sea. --Samuel Rutherford

How many times have I pulled away from my Rock, and wondered why things got so crazy?

I want a faith that says: "Thou art here: though the bush does not seem to burn with fire, it does burn. I will take the shoes from off my feet, for the place on which I stand is holy ground." --London Christian

Forgive me Lord, and help me to have faith without feeling. Let me always stand on your holy ground.

No comments: