Nov 4, 2009

Quick Thoughts

I haven't had time to develop these thoughts yet, but they keep coming up in my reading and journaling. So I thought I would share a couple of them with you. Feel free to add your thoughts.

#1: The Good Samaritan gave up a lot to help out the guy in the ditch...and he didn't even know the dude. Why is it that we are often more willing to help those we don't know over those we do know?

Part of Isaiah 58:7 says not to hide from relatives who need your help. Burn. Yeah, He got me on that one. How much more should we sacrifice for the people who are close to us, our own family, or our friends in need?

#2: Shine - to give forth or glow with light, to be bright with reflected light

There are so so so many verses in the Bible that talk about shining. The people ask the Lord to let his face shine on them, they ask for his favor to shine on them, and then...God asks them to shine for him...to be a light to his people.

Pretty cool right? It is the complete definition of the word. God shines his glow on us, and then we reflect HIS light to others! ha!

My personal favorite shine verse (which was VERY hard for me to decide on) is Isaiah 60:1, "Arise Jerusalem! Let your light shine for all the nations to see! For the glory of the Lord is shining upon you."

OK, I couldn't pick just one, here is Daniel 12:3: "Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever."

Man...I want to shine. Not for me, but for Him. I want to love him back by reflecting His light to others. Matt 5:16 says, "In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your Heavenly Father."

Wow. I keep getting blown away...every time I really dig in, you know? Are you digging?

No comments: