Jan 4, 2010

Breathe Deep

I feel like I can finally breathe deep again. It seemed as though there was so much tension before I left...leaving things undone and people unseen always takes a toll on me. I know that once I get on the road things will be better...once I start the physical journey I will be able to breathe deep.

Once you are on a plane things take on a totally different perspective. The things you forgot to pack, well...you just forgot to pack them. The things you didn't have time to ship will be there when you return, and although you will have to live without them for a little while it won't be forever. All of the little gadgets and trinkets that seem to accumulate in your space, suddenly don't seem important as you make your way to where you belong.

I can't explain the feeling I have. I am sitting outside now...listening to the sound of the rain on the tin roof drown out the music coming from my computer speakers. My dry skin is soaking up the humidity and my lungs are breathing in the heavy, moisture laden air. I am being refreshed along with the dry ground. Where there have been deserts, there will now be rivers.

Of course, I am sad to leave Louisiana, but it was time to return to my home away from home. As I begin to prepare for the next season of intern schedules and group itineraries I will need you more than ever. We will begin a time of prayer and fasting as a group. 21 days of praying, setting aside time for the Lord and preparing for the new year. If you would like to join us, please feel free. I will post a prayer calendar that has specific requests we will be praying over from Jan 10-31, so if you want to stand with us in prayer you are more than welcome!

I am settling into my new apartment, so I hope to have pics or even a video (internet willing) up here soon, so you can see my new crib!

I am so glad to be back! And I am even happier that you are back with me!!!

No comments: