Jan 13, 2010

Earthquakes in the Area

A friend sent me an email asking if we were affected by the quake in Guatemala, and my reply was a light hearted, "Was that what I felt the other day?" As I looked up the news on the 4.9 that hit the border of Guatemala and Honduras I saw that the people of Haiti are trying to cope with a 7.1 earthquake that hit their capital city.

Please be in prayer for that country. I don't think there is another place in the world that cries out in desperation quite like Haiti. There is such a lack there. Such an overwhelming need. Please ask God for mercy and that the people would turn to Him in their time of need.

Pray for their government and that help comes to the people through the Church. Can they see that they are not forgotten? Can we show them? Oh, how my heart aches with compassion for them.

No comments: