Feb 8, 2010

Catching Up and Stepping Out



The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. Thanks to our interns we are getting a ton of work done around here, and the place is really starting to shape up! We have been organizing cabinets, hanging signs, decorating rooms, picking our fabric, building frames, not to mention running an out patient medical clinic! Here are a few pics to catch you up:

Michael building a frame for one of our pictures.


Jerri showing Wendy how to staple down the canvas.

 
Me "Vanna-Whiting" our favorite picture of the river!

The dorm pantry that Becca and I organized!
(These are just the spices people...we haven't gone grocery shopping yet!)

The first church service with all of our team: past, present and future. 
(Just so you know...I was telling a joke and using my hands, of course.)

Of course, I have been learning a ton of new things. Having extra hands around all the time, kind of feels like you have a team here all of the time. It takes so much planning to stay ahead of the game. I am learning to manage other people's "To Do" lists...hopefully utilizing their natural gifts, stretching them into new areas and challenging them to go the extra mile.

I will start teaching intern classes tomorrow, and that is definitely WAY outside of my comfort zone. Now I know what Solomon felt like when he asked God for wisdom. He didn't know what it would take to be king, he was being stretched into a new role and knew that he would need God's help. I feel the same way. I know I am here to serve, I know I am here to help the interns get the most out of their experience here, I know God wants to use me to shape them...and that is extremely humbling. I feel a great burden to pass on the things I have learned from my mistakes, and the things people have shared with me about their mistakes.

Someone told me one time..."There isn't enough time to make all the mistakes that have already been made, all over again. We need to learn from each other. We need to share our failures and our triumphs so that others can use them as stepping stones, and go farther than we could ever go." I am inspired by that quote, I am driven by it. I want to be a "passer on" of information, no...not just of information, but a heartbeat, a vision, a flame. I just hope and pray that I will be a good pipeline for His word and wisdom to travel through.

Please pray that I would not be overwhelmed by all of this new stuff. I am trying to get smaller, so God can get bigger, but honestly right now...I feel smaller than I ever have in my whole life. I know my God is big, and I know He has me in His hands...I just don't feel them around me. Refine me, Lord. Let me be tested and prove pure. You know my heart and my motives are always for you. I need you.

No comments: