Aug 5, 2007

Do You Trust Me?

I think God has been asking me the same question over and over this past week. I have been struggling in a number of different areas but they all lead back to this essential question...Do you trust me?

It is easy to say yes on the surface and then withhold certian areas of my life that I don't want to bother him with. Sometime I think my needs are silly but the truth is if they are tripping me up they aren't silly.

It is in the times of struggle that we are shaped into the image of Christ. I read something the other day, "Some people always avoid things that are costly, or things that require self-denial, self-restraint, and self-sacrifice. Yet it is hard work and difficulties that ultimately lead us to greatness, for greatness is not found by walking the moss covered path laid out before us through the meadow. It is found by being sent to carve out our own path with our own hands."

I don't want to pray for an easier life - I want to pray to be a stronger person.
I don't want to pray for tasks equal to my power - I want to pray for power equal to my tasks.
I don't want just doing the work to be the miracle - I want to be the miracle.

The question is, do I trust God enough to show up? Will I go into battle and expect him to fight on my behalf? Will I walk the path he has laid out before me even though I am afraid? I want to answer to be yes with my whole heart and my whole mind! I don't want to reserve a portion of myself for fear to live in.

I trust my God. I will do it afraid if I have to. I will continue to walk out the will of God.

No comments: