Oct 10, 2007

Lamentations

I have had a rough day today. It has been one of those weepy days where my soul just feels wounded. I haven't had a day like this in a long time. It's my own fault though...I prayed for increased faith, and God delivers, He is faithful till the end.

It seems like He always answers the prayers for trials and testing a lot faster than He answers the ones for blessing! Funny guy...a friend pointed me to a few verses in Lamentations to help me out:

I definitely feel like I am lamenting right now; I looked it up and it means "wailing, moaning, and weeping." But if I in the book of the bible with that name...buried there after the cries of Jerusalem, a city who was so low it is likened to a woman that was so full of shame... all she could do was cry and hide her face, there is the story of God's faithfulness...

Lamentations 2:22-26
The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease.
Great is His faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, "The Lord in my inheritance; therefore I will hope in Him!"
The Lord is good to those who depend on Him, to those who search for Him.
So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord.

I need fresh mercy today. I need a love that never ends. I need to be reminded of my inheritance. I need to hope in Him.

But most of all I need to depend on Him, and that is so hard for me to do. I don't know why, so if you are praying for me pray this: Father, hold Heather in your hand and pour your mercy over her. Let her experience your never ending love. Remind her of her inheritance in Jesus Christ. Give her peace because you have good plans for her that are full of hope. Reveal to her anything that she may be holding on to that is keeping her from depending on you. Show her how to release these things so she can fully embrace the future you have for her and rest in your arms.

No comments: