Dec 11, 2007

Elevating

I am sorry for not blogging in a whole month!!! I can't believe it's been that long already. Today was the start of our last week of this semester of Elevate. As I look back I am so amazed at all the things God has done in me and through me this semester and I can't wait to see what he has next.

I have been blessed with a trip to Venezuela over the Christmas break and I am so excited! I have never been there before so this will be an awesome adventure that I get to share with my family. Thank after a week in the Southern Hemisphere I am boarding a plane to the Windy City of Chicago to spend a week with my Dad. Going from hot to cold in 2 weeks...please pray for good health and safe travel!

I the great honor of receiving the Elevate of the Month Award this month. It is really cool that others see the work God is doing in my life. He is really changing my heart in a lot of ways. I really couldn't believe that I received the award. It's just a piece of paper, but it really means so much to me becasue it represents all the work God is doing and all the people that He is touching through me.

So as the semester comes to an end I can't help but think ahead to the next one. I know, I know I am a long range planner. I just want to be sure that my long range plans match up with God's version. I want to make sure that my heart is beating in sync with His. This isn't easy, at all. Especially when there are so many good things around to choose from. How do you choose between things that are good and things that are God? How can I hope to tell the difference?

All I know is that I will continue to serve where I am until He makes it clear that He has other plans for me. I will wait for Him to create the doors and open them.

No comments: