Jul 30, 2008

A New Kind of Home

You know how sometimes when you are journaling you end up writing a little personal revelation. Then when you reread it you are like...whoa...I really needed to hear that. It's like a post-it note from God. A little reminder that He is still in control and He is still looking after you.

While I was emailing a friend today this very thing happened. I just wanted to send a little note to let him know someone from BR was keeping up with him, and wham...God gave me a little nugget. I was telling Caleb how things were going for Honduras and then when I reread the email I saw this:

"so i am gearing up for the move. it's hard to be here and there at the same time...but i think i will probably feel this way for the rest of my life. caught between this and that, here and there. i should learn to love it in that place. a place where God is the constant, the thread holding my life together. "

Please pray that I would do just that...not depend on my surroundings for encouragement or comfort but depend only on God who is everywhere I will ever be. If I can really be at home where ever He is then I will be at home everywhere He sends me.

No comments: