Sep 18, 2008

Special Gift

I wanted to take a moment to talk about a person very special to me. I won't mention her name because she wouldn't want me to. She believes in me, in a way that makes me want to be better at every thing. She doesn't hold back when I ask for her opinion. When she corrects me I know it is out of love. Every time I am around her I keep my eyes and ears open because I know I am going to learn something valuable (even if it is learning how to laugh). I really want to be like her when I grow up.

She taught me a lesson in obedience this week. I learned that sometimes other people benefit from your obedience. This is probably a no brainer for some people, but it is different when you are on the receiving end of someonelse's obedience. She blessed me with a financial gift that was a sacrifice to her. I am truly humbled by her belief in me, that she would sacrifice so much to send me out.

I am humbled every time I open a letter with a gift from each one of you. I don't have that words to describe the weight that is lifted off of my heart and the responsibility that is placed on it. I want to take care of the resources you invest in me. I want to give you a return on your sacrifice. Every person I see, every child I hug, every video I shoot, every email I send out...is made possible because of someone's obedience.

I can't write an post about everyone who makes an impact on me, but I wanted to let you know that you are all special to me. You all teach me and you all make me want to be better than I am so I can bring glory to God.

No comments: