Jan 25, 2009

The U. S. of A.

I was wondering if it was going to be weird to come back to the States after 2 1/2 months of living in Rio Viejo. I knew Wendy and I had a lot of work to do while we were there and that we would still be ministry focused even though we weren't at the ministry. I knew we had to leave and renew my visa, so that I could return for another 90 days. I just didn't know what it would feel like...being back in the States.

Some things are like I never left at all and some things aren't.

This trip has been smooooth, and I know it is because we have a lot of people praying for us. Traveling mercies have been given to us in abundance. We have gone from a plane to a train to an automobile and it was a seamless 24 hours of travel. Wendy and I even hit the ground running and went to the Dollar Tree right after we got picked up at the train station! haha

We have been shopping like crazy to get all of the things we need for the dorm. Everything from pots and pans to silverware and sugar canisters...we have been to Goodwill, Walmart, 2 garage sales (on our bikes) and the Dollar Tree (twice) and it is only our 2nd full day back!

I drove a car again, for the 2nd time in 2 1/2 months. It was a standard too, and I didn't kill anyone or damage anything! I am pretty proud of myself :)

I have adjusted to everything pretty well...although I did have a little price shock in Wal-Mart. Everything seems more expensive in dollars...I keep having to figure out how many Lemps it would be, haha.

We are having so much fun...staying up late working and packing...and waking up early to shop. We are staying with Wendy's brother and sister-in-law in Deland, Florida and they are taking care of us! We have been on 2 bike rides...the longest one was today at 8 miles! It was totally worth it though because I got to see REAL LIVE manatees!!!! There were like 180 or something crazy like that! Manatees everywhere! Jane also loves to cook and has been feeding us all kinds of healthy foods that we can't get in Hondi and I am looooving it!

The best thing though, happened this morning. Wendy and I stayed up till 2:30am packing our duffel bags to make sure we were going to have enough room to get everything back (which by the way, we aren't). We finally passed out and then woke up for the 2nd church service at Jane and Jessy's church. Wow, let me tell you...I don't know if I can.

There is something so powerful about worshiping God as a group. I didn't realize how much I missed singing to Him, in English! The music was simple, the songs were familiar and the presence of the Lord was there. I felt like the whole service was for me. I was challenged and convicted and loved beyond measure.

I went to the altar to pray with Wendy (she had a cold and we were praying for her healing since we don't have much time here). While I was there I decided to get prayer for new focus and a fresh anointing for the year. It was such a blessing. The assistant pastor's wife prayed for me, I don't even know her name, but she spoke such truth to me and encouraged me in my work.

She challenged me to stay in the Word, to stay at the feet of the Lord and not run from His power. She prayed that I would have eyes to see the poor in Spirit. It was an incredible time for me and the Lord's presence was so strong. Maybe it was because I wasn't afraid to press into worship. Maybe it was because I was so hungry for him. Maybe it was because I knew I wouldn't have much time there and jumped right in. Maybe it was because I simply asked for prayer.

What I do know, is that I am hungrier for Him. I am focused on Him. And I want my light to shine in the darkness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, so happy God is blessing you guys while you are back here for the short trip. I love reading about whats going on in your life these days. Love you friend!