Mar 9, 2009

Brigada Medica y Comida Gratis

Medical Brigades and Free Food...a beautiful combination! 

This is definitely not about the numbers...but we served 150 patients today medically and  350 people left with full bellies...I don't know how many of those left with full spirits. 

The wait was long...the first patient checked in at 7:30am and the last patient left at 3:30ish...but everyone of them left with a smile. 

OK so I am pooped...and we are off to Los Limpios tomorrow morning at 5:30am, for a 2 hour hike. It will be interesting to see how they get the giant CFC pot up to the village! I can't wait to blog tomorrow and share with you guys!

This group is amazing! They remind me so much of HPC and I am just getting more and more excited about the HPC trip in May. 

The Canadians are doing well...they are staring their second week of rotations. Out clinic "miniterns" as we affectionately call them did an amazing job today and I can't wait to see them in action tomorrow in Los Limpios


No comments: