Aug 10, 2009

HPC in Action




The 15 guys from HPC are such incredible workers. They braved the heat, the altitude, the termite-infested/rotten wood, and razor sharp tin panels to replace more than 1/2 of the hospital roof on just the first day of work! I have never seen guys working together with such unity and cohesion....and they do it all with a smile on their face and a joke on their lips.

It has been an incredible honor to serve them. We had an great dinner last night...I bought out the Cajun Cookin and took care of my boys...I think Brother Larry would have been proud! I still have a little New Orleans in my blood after all...with Cajun chicken pasta and sweet tea to let the guys know this is their home away from home.

I will be sad to see them go on Thursday, but their work will continue to give to this ministry long after they are gone! What an incredible blessing and perfect timing...right before the rains begin.

Oh and keep up the prayers! It hasn't rained significantly since they have been here so they are moving quickly and we want it to stay that way! Continue to pray for the saftey of the crew, as this is dangerous work even for the experienced.

I love you all and I am so glad you are along for the ride on this one!

No comments: