Oct 17, 2009

Time to Get Real

OK...I know, 2 posts in one day, right. Some of you are saying "get a life girl" but you must remember that I have had bloggers block for a few weeks, and now that I am back in the motherland of Honduras...things are, well...flowing again.

I have been thinking a lot about the idea of realness. Yeah, it may not be a word, but I am over that. It seems to me that this world is crying out for truth and honesty. That the people on the planet right now are seeking after anything that can offer them a taste of authenticity.

They are sick of religion. They are sick of smoke and mirrors. They are sick of life without purpose. So they are seeking. You know what the Word says about seeking, right?
  • 1 Chronicles 28:9 - If you seek Him, you will find Him.
  • Jeremiah 29:13 - You will find me when you seek me.
There are many more where that came from. My point is...that there is a generation of hungry people out there. They are tired of the emptiness of life. They are ashamed and afraid and trapped. They are looking for a way out. They are looking for a release. They are going to find it somewhere. The problem is that there are so many options out there and I battled with a lot of them. They offer a shadow of truth and a taste of realness, but you have to sell your soul to get it and it never satisfies anything in your spirit.

So who is offering the only real thing? Who is taking the bread and water of this life and bringing it to those who are filling their bellies with addictions and destructive relationships? Who is bringing light into the darkness? Who is the salt of the earth? Who? Who? Who?

There is a burning in my soul for those who feel like they are far beyond the reaches of God's grace. My insides cry out when I think of all the people who have sought for meaning in life and been sideswiped by the half-truths and look-a-likes.

God, let us be like you. Let us go for you. Can we be real? You are so real to me. I know your name...it is written on my soul. Please, raise up a generation who will answer the call to be real for you, to be honest and true. A generation that would bring that truth to the forgotten people of this world...no matter how ugly and beat up the package is.

God let us be real like you!

No comments: